1. Thanks to enticing currency exchange rates European travel is currently a bargain, especially when compared to the past 10 years. BREXIT anyone?
2. Most local residents and businesses are happy to see us! They’re deeply grateful for tourists and tourism income – crucial components in rebuilding economic stability.
3. Scores of folks are unsettled or frightened by the global unrest that our American media loves to sensationalize, and have chosen to forego international travel. This translates to smaller crowds and less congestion in many destinations. Ideal travel conditions for sure!
4. Travel remains and always will be a glorious lesson in history and culture. No one – and I mean NO ONE – can obtain the real and complete knowledge or a transformative cultural experience from a destination by sitting in a classroom or reading a historical archive.
5. Our world has always been capricious. Many of today’s issues have been relived for thousands of years by countless generations – and under far more rebellious, oppressive, and deadly circumstances.
So summon your adventurous, wanderlust spirit then get out and love the journey – it’s utterly amazing!