Happy weekend my friends! Way back in 2015 I began posting weekly lists of my favorite things. Then life got in the way, things got busier than usual, and those posts (accompanied by a lot of other stuff) moved to the “back burner” of my calendar. But I’ve received several requests lately to reinstate My Favorite Things, so here goes. There’s one change, however – I’m opting for a monthly list of faves instead of the original weekly posts. And, well, May features a rather eclectic assortment – in no particular order:
- April showers bring May flowers. Vietri’s Bellezza Bloom Dinnerware at graciousstyle.com
- Because every girl needs a righteous ankle bootie. I’ve already worn these Jaylen heels by Splendid on several occasions. Don’t let the height scare you – these babies are sexy and comfy!
- Molly Wizenberg’s site, Orangette, is nothing short of fantastic. With funny, interesting stories and mouthwatering recipes, it’s is one of my fave sites in the blogosphere. Period.
- An exhilarating morning run along coastal San Diego’s beauteous Sunset Cliffs after a few days of much needed rain.
- I spotted a Kristina Flatback Hanging Basket whilst cruising through my local World Market on a hot spring day a few weeks ago, and instantly became inspired. Here’s a peek at my new front door decor … summer 2016’s almost here and it’s gonna involve a whole lotta beach time on Coronado Island!
- Salud! The sirloin beef taco at Cantina Mayahuel in San Diego’s University Heights neighborhood recently became my favorite beef taco in the city. Now where’s my margarita?
- Want. Need. Now. My sis-in-law Em received this Camp Chef fire table from her hubby and three adorable daughters for Mother’s Day. It literally screams “GOOD TIMES”! (Odell Brewing Company Easy Street beer not included. It’s a BYOB party.)
- Donna Tartt’s novel, The Goldfinch, received the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. This riveting page turner is a story of deep loss, survival, and the greedy, sleazy populace of the art underworld. The Goldfinch also affirms the power of self-invention, fate, and ultimate emancipation. A great read!
Thanks so much for perusing my favorite things! I can’t even believe we’re half-way through May, but I hope you’re having a good month that’s filled with much memory making and fun. Don’t forget to stop and smell the roses along the way. Cheers!